There are a multitude of factors that contribute to the inevitable signs of aging; there are also a variety of ways to combat them.
Although we’re board certified professionals in facial plastic surgery, we believe people should try to live the healthiest life possible. There are some things nature will impose on your face for which you’ll require our expertise, but there are still some natural steps you can take to slow down that spinning clock. Some take willpower, some take time, but they all add up to a better looking you.
The health of your body certainly has a tremendous amount to do with your appearance. Caring for it mostly takes common sense:
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a BMI (Body Mass Index) that is appropriate for your age and frame and doctor’s instructions
- Eat the right fruits and vegetables
- Care for your skin by washing your face twice daily and using dermatologist recommended cleaners, moisturizers and exfoliating agents
- Indulge in periodic facials by a licensed professional
- Get the right amount of sleep
- Stop smoking
- Use alcohol in moderation
- Keep stress levels at a minimum
- Use sunscreen with the SPF recommended for your skin type
The sooner you incorporate steps to stay looking young, the sooner they become part of your routine. We do offer complimentary and confidential consultations to discuss any additional transformations you’d like to make in your appearance. Follow the advice above and you can beautiful and healthy both on the outside and the inside.